Thanks so much for your interest in contributing to Hack Hex! We’re always on the lookout for fresh, new perspectives on our blog. This is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable experience and get your content out there!
Perfect Blog Post
Typically, we look for posts between 500 and 1,000 words. However, we’re much more interested in quality content rather than reaching a word count. Here are a few suggestions to help you get started and write a great piece.
- Title: Often the last thing you think about, but the most important part of your blog post! Try to keep it under 10 words long, and make it engaging, either by posing a question or making a statement.
- Tone: Blog posts are often read quite quickly and at a time when the reader is multitasking. Try to use a conversationalist tone – type your posts as you would say them out loud.
- Clarity: Make your content concise and clear. Long sentences are a no-no, and paragraphs should also be kept short.
- Use multimedia: We’re very used to writing text in academic circles, but here you can be creative! Feel free to use graphs, pictures, and videos to provide a different view and break up your text.
- Be accessible: Include a short statement about yourself at the end of your blog, with a link to your institutional homepage and twitter profile (if you have them).
What We Don’t Accept:
- Posts that have already been published elsewhere.
- Content that promotes a particular product or service. We always want to be authentic!
- Posts that are unorganized or have an unclear focus.
- Topics we have already covered on the blog. Although, we’re open to putting a new spin on older topics!